If you have been charged with a sex offense, or think you might be at risk, please contact a qualified felony attorney immediately to discuss your options. Penalties for sex offenses can range from treatment based alternatives like Special Sex Offender Sentencing Alternatives (SSOSA) to life in prison and a requirement of lifetime registration as a sex offender. Examples of Washington felony sex offenses include:
- Rape in the First Degree
- Rape in the Second Degree
- Rape in the Third Degree
- Rape of a Child in the First Degree
- Rape of a Child in the Second Degree
- Rape of a Child in the Third Degree
- Child Molestation in the First Degree
- Child Molestation in the Second Degree
- Child Molestation in the Third Degree
- Sexual Misconduct with a Minor in the First Degree
- Sexual Misconduct with a Minor in the Second Degree
- Indecent Liberties
Sentences for those convicted of sex offenses are severe. Additionally, for some of the most serious offenses, Washington law provides for indeterminate sentences. This means that a convicted offender can remain incarcerated until the sentence review board deems them safe to re-enter society.
Again, if you think you may be charged with a sex offense contact an experienced Snohomish County felony attorney immediately. Often, seeking early advice on these types of cases can make a great deal of difference in the outcome of the case.